Monday, June 11, 2012

Didn't I say I'm bad at racing?

This is a short week, a really short week. Aaron and I have Wednesday-Friday off work for the Corsette/Band Camp extravaganza! (I also took off next Monday because I'm smart like that.)

Training will take a backseat this week, although a longish run is planned for Wednesday and next Monday. I have dreams of a short run on Friday morning, but that is probably wishful thinking.

To recap, the Corsette is a two-day, 300-mile race for girls on smallframes.

Smallie's first ride in 2012
This is the third year, and it's my second year of "competing." Trust me, quotes are completely appropriate. I can't say that I came in last in 2011, but basically, four of us stuck together on day 2, and we came in WAY later than everyone else.

Reading last year's recap is funny. I had grand plans to be "in it to win it," but that definitely didn't happen. The exhaust broke late last year, and we dragged our feet on fixing it. Luckily that ended up just being a bracket issue, so I'm not dealing with the next exhaust on top of a 300-mile adventure.

What I do need to deal with is setting up my directions. Last year's leg setup isn't going to happen this year, so I need to figure out what I'm going to do.


I have an idea, which I meant to test out this weekend, so I should probably do that after work tonight. I definitely don't feel confident seeing as how I get lost A LOT, so that's probably part of why I'm dragging my feet.

But before I focus on the race and the camping weekend - requires SO MUCH STUFF - I should get to work.

No comments: