Tuesday, September 02, 2014

NFIM Training - Week 8

Goal: 41 miles, no workout, 16-mile long run
Reality: 41.75 miles (includes 1 mile of walking), no workout, 16.25-mile long run

Monday: Easy Run
Distance: 3.5 miles
Time & Pace: 34:28 (9:50)
Shoes: Adidas Glide Boost

Just an easy run to start out the week. I ran a mile in the park and the rest of it in the neighborhood. I felt okay, not good or bad.

Tuesday: Easy Run w/ Fast Finish
Distance: 8 miles (w/ half-mile walk afterward)
Time & Pace: 1:18:43 (9:50)
Shoes: Saucony Kinvara

I couldn't seem to figure out what I wanted to do with this run. I was going to do 8 miles from the house, and that just seemed awful. I moved over to the towpath, and I still couldn't decide what distance I wanted to do. As I kept running, I still felt okay and ended up doing the 8 miles. When I was finishing up the run, I decided to run the last mile hard. I finished in 9 minutes, and I felt okay. I feel like finishing fast should be my thing. The way I ran, I ended up hitting 8 miles about a half-mile from the car, which was perfect. Not a bad morning.

Tuesday: 5k Training Group
Distance: 2 miles
Time & Pace: NA
Shoes: New Balance 890

Not much to say about this run. I ran the first mile and ran/walked the second mile. It was extremely humid on Tuesday, so I was glad that I wasn't running hard that night.

Wednesday: Easy Run
Distance: 5 miles
Time & Pace: 45:00 (9:00)
Shoes: Adidas Glide Boost

It was less humid, so that was a relief. I took it easy for the first 2.5 miles, and I really picked it up for the second half. I negative-split the run, and I know my last mile was 8:15, which is probably the fastest mile I've run in August.

Thursday: Easy Run
Distance: 3 miles
Time & Pace: 29:50 (9:56)
Shoes: Asics Gel Lyte

Just a 3-miler before work. I won't go into details right now, but there have been feline issues in the house this week, so I was up early this morning. I still ended up getting to work about 10 minutes later than I wanted to. (I wrote this on Thursday, so I'll do another post about the kitties, and it might even publish before this recap does!)

Friday: Off

Saturday: Long Run
Distance: 16.25 miles
Time & Pace: 2:38:46 (9:46)
Shoes: Adidas Glide Boost

This run was GREAT. Seriously, I have no complaints. I met a friend at 6:30 am to get in 7+ miles before the group's 9 miles. I was really steady around a sub-10 pace, and I dropped the pace a bit for the last 3 miles. Pretty much a negative split.

Sunday: Easy TM Run
Distance: 3 miles (+ .5 walking)
Time & Pace: 30 minutes (10:00)
Shoes: Brooks PureFlow 2

The weather was iffy, and I only had 3 miles so I headed to the basement treadmill for some tv watching while I ran. Nothing too exciting, but all good.

No comments: