Wednesday, July 23, 2014

NFIM Training - Week 2

I was closer to a model student this week!

Goal: 37 miles, no workouts, 12-mile long run
Reality: 37.13 miles, no workouts, 12-mile long run

I was a little overzealous at the beginning of the week because of the rally last weekend. I intended to get in all 37 miles in five straight days. That involved a couple of double days, and Coach was getting a little concerned. I reworked my week:

Monday: 5-mile trail run (58:45)
Tuesday: 5-mile run split between neighborhood and trail (51:50); 2.63 w/ 5k training group
Wednesday: 5 miles to/from the gym (48:40) + strength-training; 4 miles w/ FF HM group (38:53)
Thursday: off
Friday: 12-mile long run (2:02)
Saturday: off Sunday: 3.5-mile run (36:20)

Friday's long run was tough! We ran from the house to Kent and around campus. Hilly! But we were rewarded with grilled cheese sandwiches so that's good. Then we headed out for rally times. Sunday's post-rally run was tough and slow, but ultimately a good idea.

I am aiming to be on target again this week, but I might end up a little over with my mileage. Not too much though (depends on Friday and Saturday and how much I run with the half-marathon group). I'm slightly concerned about Sunday's 14 miles, but I know I'll be okay. I'm running that from the Towpath so I'll get a break from hills during my long run.

No comments: