Monday, May 12, 2014

PR plans*

My training has kind of sucked lately, but I suppose that's okay -- marathon training is coming up so maybe it's better I get in a good rest.

HOWEVER, I am thinking about trying to sub-2 again before marathon training. Not sure how that's gonna work out since I am not running much (I'm at 36 miles thus far in May so way off normal pace) or running at a sub-2 pace.

There's nothing much to recap so I won't bother. Last week's long run was 8 miles (Cleveland HM is Sunday!). I ran out with a couple of people for the first 4 miles and then I ran the last 4 at sub-2 pace (under 9:09). I didn't feel great, but I was running on 4 hours of sleep and fueled by beer and tiki drinks from Friday night's girls' night out. Let's look at that as encouraging, okay?

I did find a half-marathon in June that I am strongly considering doing. It's not very expensive, and it's a small race. I like those things.

Also, I have made plans to run the 5k Memorial Day weekend in Marietta. I hope to PR even though there's that pesky "not running fast" thing I like to do. I will probably run that race in the Newtons so I should get a few more runs in with those.

In Winston news: It is very hard to not having him around. We all miss him. Valentino is confused and a little needy. I'm trying to play with him a lot. I'm also making a very concerted effort to get his weight down. I miss him so much.

* So funny that I'm not talking about "public relations"!

No comments: