Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Recappin'

A quick recap of last week *and* last month.

Last week was my highest-mileage week ever. Yes, I said that last week. At 41.25 miles, that's pretty killer.

Last month was my highest-mileage month EVER. Big time ever as in 169.21 miles. And six other workouts (four pilates, two strength). A winning month, I must say, even if it wasn't particularly speedy. (Oh and only three complete rest days; two of them were last week.)

That's my downfall - running a lot, but the speed workouts are not quite as plentiful.

Last week:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: pilates + 6 miles + 3 miles + 1.42 miles
Wednesday: 5.57 miles (inc hill)
Thursday: rest
Friday: 4.75 miles easy
Saturday: 6.18 miles easy
Sunday: 13.1 miles

I'm starting a two-week taper because March was so full of the running. Roughly 30 miles this week and 20 miles next week. I don't have a clear plan, but something like that.

Maybe I should have a plan.

Monday: 4 miles easy
Tuesday pilates + 3 miles easy + NoBo (not sure if anything will be done here)
Wednesday: 5 miles easy
Thursday: rest or 5-mile tempo run + strength
Friday: rest or 5-mile tempo run + strength
Saturday: 7-8 miles easy
Sunday: 4-5 miles easy + strength

Plus lots and lots of stretching and foam-rolling. I need these leggies to recover. Athens is soon!

No comments: