Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekly Wrapup

I probably should wrap up things on Sunday nights, but well, that's not likely to happen. This week was fairly solid and to plan:

  • Monday: 4.25 miles + strength
  • Tuesday: yoga + 2.25 miles
  • Wednesday: 5 miles
  • Thursday: off
  • Friday: strength + 4 miles
  • Saturday: 10 miles
  • Sunday: 3.3 miles (trail)
So not the highest of mileages, but still around 30, plus strength and yoga. The runs were usually speedy-for-me (sub 10s) too. 

This week is much the same except for Friday will definitely be a rest day, and Sunday likely will be too. You see, I have my self-induced endurance challenge: 
  • 10-mile group run
  • 6.6-mile race after
For many, 16+ miles in one morning is no big deal, but I've never run this far before. AND there's going to be downtime between the group run and the race. For non-runners, that might sound good, but that hour or so of time is likely to leave me really tight. 

This should be interesting. 

No comments: