Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness by Scott Jurek

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The last third to a quarter of the book was so good that it bumped up the book to 4 stars. It's not really much of a story in the beginning - a little bit of background on how the author became a runner then an ultramarathoner mixed in with a gradual transition to better eating. It was slow at first, but after the halfway point, I was really into it. I loved the descriptions of the ultramarathons, and I loved the other people in the book (like I really want to know more about Dusty).

The book didn't make me want to run ultras or switch to a vegan diet, but it did help alter my perspective on running and diet. It does make me want to eat better to see if my running improves.

View all my reviews

No comments: