Monday, January 28, 2013

Review: Cruddy

CruddyCruddy by Lynda Barry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Given the great reviews and the intense feelings others have for this book, my expectations might have been a little high. Aaron asked me what the book was about, and I couldn't really answer the question. Drug use? Abuse? A journey? I'm not really sure, which I guess is why I'm kind of lukewarm on it. I kind of wish I hadn't already returned it to the library because I think I'd like to reread some of the beginning and see if that sews things up for me.

The book is told by the same author, but two time periods (ages 11 and something-teen). Initially the teen sections were more interesting, but eventually, I got into both, although it was hard to see them as the same person. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like Roberta - or anyone in the book. They're all cruddy, I guess :)

View all my reviews

No comments: