Monday, January 21, 2013

FYBO

This weekend was the Freeze Your Balls Off scooter rally in Durham. This is the third year we've gone, and it's not aptly named for those of us who come from up north. Mid50s and sunny -- perfect for riding. Oddly this is the first year we actually brought scooters for FYBO (we've brought them for the Rumble before). I think there was some discussion of not bringing bikes, but we got the van specifically so we could. And we did, and I am so happy.

I hardly took any pictures, but here's what I did take:

This cool Dodge van was at Fullsteam where breakfast was on Saturday morning. It used to have the Peoples Temple and Pastor Jim Jones painted on it, and you can see where it was. The dude who bought it added the Koolaid picture, but the rest of it was already like it. There apparently were 11 Peoples Temple vans, and this might have been one. It still has the mid-70s inspection sticker on the front windshield, which is why no one has removed it. These are pretty cute vans (I should have taken a picture of the front of the van).

Peoples Temple

Peoples Temple

My scooter is the second one from the right, Aaron's is the third. 

9th Street, Durham

I think I take a picture of the bathroom every time I visit the Casbah. There's an entire wall filled with kitty stickers and stuff. I particularly like this bloody lucky cat.

Bathroom at the Casbah

It was a great weekend. I really like Durham, so it's a blast to visit. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: