Thursday, September 06, 2012

Cambridge City Running Tour

I was in Boston last week for a conference. While there, I, of course, had to run. I did a little Google searching to see what I could find, and I found these City Running Tours. I didn't know anything about them, but I signed up anyway.

I thought they were affiliated with Marathon Sports because that was our meeting location. I got there and found out that the running store does weekly runs that same night - different distances and routes, ending with beer and pizza - so honestly I was a little disappointed that I didn't find that first. Free is better - plus I liked the longer distance option.

Anyhow, I still did the run that I signed up for and paid for. There was only one other person doing the run, so that was a little awkward - although not as awkward as it would have been if it'd only been me! It was nice that we weren't a huge group as running through real cities - after work, no less - is a little bit of a game.

All in all, it was a nice way to spend an hour or so - I have the pictures to prove it. That's Libby, she's my new friend who I will never see again.





The run itself was supposed to be a 5k. With the half-mile to/from the meeting location and a little extra on the 5k and a little extra afterward, I ended up with 5.5 miles for the night. I should have done the 6; then I would have had 100 for August. Lesson learned - don't trust myself to get up and do an unnecessary run after spending the evening at Bukowski Tavern. But there was a beer wheel!


No comments: