Saturday, April 28, 2012

The giant van

Maybe I should say a little more.

We've been looking for a cargo van for quite some time. Everyone says they're inexpensive, easy to find, etc. I call bullshit. If you want a ragged out, windowless van with a gas-guzzling engine, maybe they're easy to fine, but if you're looking for something that was well-cared-for, it's a little harder.

Last Saturday, Aaron said he wanted to check out this van he saw on eBay. It was at a used car dealership about 10 minutes from our house. It was raining, so Aaron looked at it while I played with my iPhone. I can't tell you how many vans he's looked at.

He actually wanted to test-drive this one. I knew chances were good that we'd get it.

This van started life as a passenger van, hence the windows. OSU owned it (silver was probably on purpose) and removed all of the seats, essentially converting it into a cargo van. It's a 2003 with only 44k on the odometer. And - the biggie - no rust!

By Tuesday, it was officially mine. (The fourth four-wheeled vehicle in my name. Pontiac Grand Am, Mercury Topaz, Hyundai Elantra, Ford Econoline.)

We have some stuff to do, but things like tires, brakes, heat, etc., are all good. We need to get a first row of seats (already found some places that sell those for pretty cheap), a spare tire, track for the floor so we can tie down the scoots and a hitch so we can also tow. (Cocoa Beach is gonna be awesome! And I am so happy to be able to haul the scooters in the winter without getting them covered in salt.)

No comments: