Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sartorial Faux Pas

I am wearing compression sleeves at work today. I feel ridiculous, but my calves feel better.

I did a speedy run last night (not recommended, but it's hard for me to do easy runs on the treadmill - it's just so boring), and I woke up this morning with fatigued calves. Since I'm wearing jeans today, I thought the sleeves would be perfect.

I'm also trying to figure out what to wear Saturday night so I can wear compression sleeves. Tall boots? Jeans? Shoes are going to be an issue too - usually I wear old running shoes after long runs, but if I'm out and about, I want to wear something cuter. I'll figure it out and hopefully not pay for my decision on Sunday.

It's crazy that I have to figure out all of this stuff TODAY even though the race isn't until Saturday. See, we're heading to Easton, PA for the next few days so Aaron can attend a training course (I'll work remotely because what the heck else am I going to do in Easton, PA?!). Then Friday, we'll high-tail it the 200 miles to DC (and hopefully hit the expo for packet pickup).

I can't believe it's time for the race. I wish I were better prepared, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

Upcoming races:
March 17 - RnR Half Marathon
April 1 - Towpath 5-Miler
April 15 - Run Cbus 10-Miler
May 20 - Cleveland Half Marathon
Sept. 29 - Akron Marathon Relay
Oct. 7 - Towpath Half Marathon (not yet registered)

I need to find a 10k to do as well. The Towpath in October has a 10k, but I think I need that half-marathon to be my PR opportunity.

No comments: