Friday, January 27, 2012

Cellar Rats to distribute Black Rat Imperial Stout

From the Beer Blog:

Cellar Rats Brewery in Madison will start distributing its Black Rat Imperial Stout in four-packs in mid-February. The beer — which will retail for $10.99 – has been available in bottles only at the brewery. The 9.2 percent alcohol beer also will be on draft at select bars and restaurants. Cellar Rats describes Black Rat this way: “This imperial, milk stout is big and full of flavor and may remind you of an Irish coffee with lots of cream and sugar.” The brewery also plans to start distributing Piper’s IPA in bottles in March in six-packs.
Aside from the pale ale, I haven't seen much of Cellar Rat's stuff around, but it seems like they're picking up speed. Maybe one day I'll take a pilgrimage to Madison to visit the brewery. But anyhow, I love milk stouts, I love imperial stouts, and I love local beer. So I guess I need to keep an eye out for this one! I hope Ray's has it on tap.

No comments: