Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Time to stop making excuses?

Why is it so damn hard to commit to a strength-training program? I did some push-ups and crunches last night, and that's all I've done in a couple of weeks, I think. I know it's not even close to enough (at least I haven't fallen backward with my push-ups, not that I can do that many anyhow - three sets of 10).

Maybe I need a workbook (or maybe I need to create a workbook). I have books that are good, but they're annoying to follow while working out. I talk about creating worksheets to follow, but I never actually do it. LAZY.

I really like the Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut workouts, and I'm also interested in the New Rules of Lifting for Women that Meghann is doing. There's no reason that I can't marry the two into a program to follow. So why don't I do it?

(And if I'm honest, when I do strength-train, I tend to just go through the motions to check it off the list. Not helpful.)

Summer is difficult because I don't want to haul my stuff to the gym on the bikes. It's hot and wearing a backpack is annoying. But maybe I need to get over myself and stop making excuses - either haul my stuff or get some more weights for home use (weights aren't heavy enough for home use, although - clearly - there are plenty of body-resistance exercises I could do).

Today will not be that day (group run after work, and it's going to be hot - that'll probably be all I have in me!), but maybe tomorrow will be.

No comments: