Friday, February 11, 2011

Barclay's Wine is the suck.

Wish I would have seen this page (and plenty of other reviews too!) before wasting my money on the Barclay's Wine Groupon! I will never, ever order from them again. Slow, slow shipping with no communication, and then when I finally got my order, I discovered that they substituted a cheaper Merlot for my splurge Pinot Noir. This was Wednesday. Now today, I get an email telling me that they won't do anything about it. They don't do refunds. At best store credits (not for my substitution, just "too bad") - just what you want when it's a shitty, shitty experience.

I hate to be the kind of person whining on the internet, but here I am. It's not like they're going to see something on the internet and actually provide decent customer service. They haven't before - why start now?

Now I'm afraid that the wine I received is going to be bad too. Glad I didn't order more than the five bottles. So let's see - $25 for the Groupon and $15 for the shipping (it also sucks that they wouldn't let the Groupon value pay for any shipping costs). If the wine's decent, then my deal was still okay.

I hang my head in shame for not fully vetting my Groupon purchase.

No comments: