Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekly Recap: Week 18 of Half-Marathon Training with Hansons

The last week! I will do a full review of the training program as well as a race recap later, but for now, the recap of the last week of training. Ended up with 33.5 miles and a new half-marathon PR!

Monday: 5.2 miles, trails and Bike & Hike, 60 minutes, Newton Fate
Target: 5 miles, easy
As mentioned, I'm getting bored with where I've been running. I knew you could access a 3-mile trail from the Bike & Hike, but I'd never done it. I figured it out. It's about a half-mile on the B&H, then 3 miles on trails and then I decided to finish up the run with whatever I got in 60 minutes. It was nice. I'm curious about running for time.

Tuesday: 5.3 miles, trails and Bike & Hike, 60 minutes, Saucony Zealot (blue)
Target: 5 miles, easy
I liked Monday's run so much that I did it again! Same deal, ran for an hour, but I had a little more pep in my step, particularly on the trails. Although I feel fine, no more trails until after the race.

Wednesday: 4 miles, 9:50 pace, Saucony Kinvara 6
Target: 5 miles, easy
I'm purposely cutting mileage now so that I'm well-rested for Sunday. It was kind of nice to not run for an hour!

Thursday: Dog running! 3.5 miles, Saucony Zealot (blue)
Target: 6 miles, easy
I took out Bernice, a year-old pit mix, for about 40 minutes. We covered 3.5 miles and negative-split the run. She was great -- pretty much willing to go whatever pace I wanted, it seemed. Well, until she saw a squirrel. I guess she's not compatible with cats.

Friday: rest
Spending the day eating carbs and hydrating, which isn't much different than any other day. I am eating more though (I ate an orange-cranberry muffin for breakfast*, which is weird; also, how does anyone convince themselves that muffins are better for you than doughnuts? Totally dessert for breakfast.).

Saturday: 2.25 miles in 24 minutes, Saucony Zealot (blue)
Target: 3 miles, shakeout
Just a little shakeout run.

Sunday: 13.1 miles in 1:58:48, Saucony Kinvara 6 (final run - left 'em in Cbus)
Target: 15.1 miles, race w/ 1m warmup & cooldown
Goal accomplished! Recap later.

Upcoming week: No plan!

* Every time I type "breakfast," I type "breast" first.

No comments: