Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Is this legitimate?

Oh, things are getting hard.

After last Saturday's long run, I felt so, so beat. I spent Saturday taking care of myself and felt a little better on Sunday's recovery run. Monday's run wasn't much better and included an (anticipated) abandoned speed workout. Tuesday, my body felt MUCH better so I attempted the workout again. And totally abandoned it after starting the second two-mile set. I felt SPENT. I ran easy for another mile, did a final "fast" mile and then cooled down for 1.5 miles.

I've decided to just run easy tonight and tomorrow and then for Saturday's 10-miler, do the pace run. We'll be in Columbus for the weekend -- scooter rally! -- so that might be a bit challenging.

I just need to figure out if I'm being a wuss (possibly), if I'm just tired (definitely) or if I'm overtraining (possibly). I feel like I'm falling apart, and it's so close to the race. And I feel RIDICULOUS stressing about this. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

I'm so close to the end, just need to get through the next 3.5 weeks and then I can take a break. Just a few more hard workouts...

No comments: