Monday, June 22, 2015

Upcoming Week

Here's the schedule for this week:

  • Monday: 4 miles, easy (10:10 to 11:52)
  • Tuesday: 12x400s (8:21 to 8:42 pace) with 400 recovery and 1.5-mile warmup/cooldown
  • Wednesday: 3 miles, easy (10:10 to 11:52)
  • Thursday: 4 miles, easy (10:10 to 11:52)
  • Friday: rest
  • Saturday: Thirsty Dog 8k with 1-mile warmup/cooldown
  • Sunday: 6 miles, easy (10:10 to 11:52)

It all looks pretty doable and will get me over 30 miles for first time in a while (since the first week of May/last week of April actually).

Notes:

  • Tuesday's speed workout is kind of intimidating, especially with my troublesome calf, but all I can do it just do it. I'll start them with the slower pace and hopefully finish them a little faster. I'm also not sure about 1.5 miles before and after. I might cut it to 1 so the workout will be 8 miles instead of 9.
  • I will also likely swap Wednesday and Thursday so I can do a little more mileage with the group.
  • For Saturday, I found someone who also wants to do a warmup and cooldown, so that works out. I don't really have a goal for the race, but I will be disappointed if I can average under 9 (just under 9, I'm guessing!).
  • I'm also guessing Sunday's 6 miles will be a slug fest. We're going to Pittsburgh Saturday night, so I'll likely run Sunday when I get home. Maybe I can talk Aaron into some trails. 

No comments: