Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Weekly Recap

Back to the grind! Sorta. 24.5 miles, speedwork, trails and even a little strength. Success!

Monday: off
I could have done something, but I didn't.

Tuesday: speedwork, 6 miles, 59 minutes, Saucony Kinvara 5
Quarter-mile repeats, which I already talked about in depth. I will call the workout encouraging. I nearly hit my goal -- 2-minute quarter-mile repeats -- so we'll call it a win. I warmed up for 2 miles and then dove into the repeats. After six of them, I cooled down for a mile. Side note: At nearly 200 miles, I'm starting to think these shoes are losing their spring. A lot of those miles -- including last fall's marathon -- are road miles (not Towpath miles), so that's probably not helping. I won't do more than 6 in them.

Wednesday: pub run, 5 miles, Newton Fate
Ah, the monthly pub run (with demos from Oakley and Newton, hence me running in the Fates). We had a nice group running together so I was able to talk with several people. The route is less than 4, many of us went 5 and a few went 6 (and those 6 were part of 10 -- on a Wednesday night!). It was nice. I forgot to Myrtl it up when I got home.

Thursday: trail run, 3 miles at Goodyear Heights Metropark, Saucony Peregrines
We had beer school at 7:30, so I didn't have much time. I drove toward home and got in 3 miles. I wasn't fast (of course), but the parcours is runnable. Ideally I would start to watch my time on that out-and-back drop. I was pretty tired (to be expected after Sunday's race, only one day off, etc.), but I felt okay. Again, I forgot to Myrtl it up due to being crunched for time.

Friday: 2.5 treadmill miles + strength-training at the gym, Saucony Kinvara 5
Nothing too interesting to talk about, but I got in a few miles

Saturday: 8 miles (6 trails, 2 towpath), Saucony Peregrines
I met up Saturday morning for some new trail exploring in the CVNP. We hit the Buckeye Trail south of Redlock and took that over to Boston Store. It was a nice loop, although I might go the other way next time so that I can warm up on the towpath.

Sunday: off
We left early for a friend's party in Columbus, so there was no time (read: I didn't make time) to run beforehand.

This week, I'm hoping for a similar mix-up with closer to 30 miles. No real plans yet, so we'll see. I've already started off by missing Monday (travel and getting home later than expected; plus I was tired after Sunday's party so maybe it's better that I missed), so I'm already behind!

No comments: