Monday, March 30, 2015

03/23 - 03/29/15 Weekly Recap

Let's just jump back into this with a review of last week in fitness.

Monday: rest
I'm pretty sure I was just being lazy here. Aaron got off work early because he worked on Saturday. I ran the day before (easy though), so I wasn't that compelled to run.

Tuesday: 4.5 miles, trails, Newton Bocos (first run)
A couple of us met up with a local trail-running group for this run. We started early and then were late to meet back up with the group, so we mostly ran on our own, although I did run a bit with two other guys. One note: My lack of fitness is alarming, especially considering my spring racing calendar; more on that later.

Wednesday: 6.5 miles, roads, Saucony Kinvara 5 coral
Training group run so I ran it pretty easy. The group had 5, but I ended up with 6. I didn't feel great after Tuesday's trail run, but I loosened up. I also got to run with a guy and keep him under 10-minute miles so that was fun.

Thursday: 2.1 miles, TM walking, Saucony Zealots + core & leg strength
I hit the gym after work, but I needed a break from running. It's hard to judge the new Zealots yet.

Friday: 6 miles, Sand Run, Saucony RunShield Kinvara 5
I was going to wear the Zealots, but I was concerned that the path was going to be muddy. I didn't feel great going out, but I pushed it on the way back and got my final mile down to 8:48.

Saturday: rest
My parents were in town to brew beer, and we were too lazy to do anything before they got there.

Sunday: 6.5 miles, trails (Buckeye Trail), Newton Bocos
The trail was a muddy mess, but the weather was great!

So I ended up with mid20s in mileage and one strength session, which is low on both counts. I like to have two strength sessions (at least for core) and closer to 30 miles, but that isn't too bad. It's cool that I had two trail runs, which I'll talk about a little more in my spring plans post.

No comments: