Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Review: A Visit from the Goon Squad


A Visit from the Goon Squad
A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a few times to read this book, and I'm not sure why. I ended up flying through the book, although I still find myself slightly disappointed, like I didn't get the full story. So many good stories contained within, just fleshed out enough to get my interest before moving on.

This book is almost indescribable - I hardly got to know anyone, yet I liked how characters and time were interwoven throughout. The "dreaded" PowerPoint section was actually interesting to me (oh, how Corporate America has prepared me for such things).

I want to give the book 3.5 stars, but I figure since I can't, I should round up, especially considering that I read it in just a few days (unheard of for me lately).

View all my reviews

No comments: