Friday, October 04, 2013

Review: The Husband's Secret

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book I've read by this author, and I liked this one almost as much - guess I have to read the third book she's written.

This is the story of one tragedy and how it affects people long after it happens. I guess. Really, this story is less about husbands and more about parenthood. I didn't particularly like any of the voices in the book, yet I continued to read. There is one mystery that is pretty well foreshadowed - and it's solved fairly early on - yet I continued to read.

It might be a little confusing in the beginning because there are several stories, but it doesn't take long to figure out how they intersect. It's worth it just to go with the flow. This isn't chick lit that's tied up in a pretty bow, which I like. People are complicated, situations are complicated, and in real life, rarely is anything really solved. I like books that reflect that.

View all my reviews

No comments: