Thursday, July 25, 2013

Random Thoughts

Not much to say, so let's do bullets:

  • I miss my cat. A lot. I have to pick up her ashes on Saturday, and I will probably cry. A friend's cat died this week, and his Facebook post made me cry. I'm sensitive, extra-so right now.
  • Running has picked up a bit, not surprisingly along with my cranky hamstring. I need to make an appointment with the sports chiro again. And follow his instructions better - kinda feel like I should do that before going back to him.
  • I'm totally in a funk, and I'm not sure what to do to get out of it (running more has helped).
  • I rode my smallframe a little last weekend. I need to do that more.
  • I might ride the motorcycle to work tomorrow. It's been forever since I've ridden it, so I have to admit the highway trip to work isn't that appealing. The valley trip home sounds lovely though.
  • There are moments in my life I wish I could just capture for eternity so that I could recreate them whenever I feel sad. Memories, pictures, etc., do not suffice. 
  • I need to make an appointment for Winston to get bloodwork done. Just in case.
  • I need to get a dye job - the gray is becoming apparent again.
My funk is probably a combination of post-Dallas depression, post-rally depression and other things that make me down. Onward! Let's recap this week's workouts a little (last week was two sad runs so no use even talking about them):
  • Monday: Rain led to a sad post-work treadmill run. 4.5 miles in 45 minutes, but I was supposed to do mile repeats. Instead my lazy ass did this: 11-minute warmup mile, 8:34-minute mile, walked quarter-mile for recovery, started second mile-repeat at 8:34 and then switched to 10-minute miles until I hit 45 minutes. (Or really, until Revenge was over.)
  • Tuesday: Pre-work 4.1-mile run. Sluggish, but finished with the last mile under 10. And I even did some ab work that day.
  • Wednesday: 2 miles before the group and 4 with the group. Steady, sub-hour run.
  • Thursday: 3- to 5-mile run, easy, scheduled.
  • Friday: off
  • Saturday: 8 miles with the group, although Aaron wants to do at least 10 so we'll see.
  • Sunday: most likely off, but we'll see

No comments: