Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Mileage

This week isn't starting off all that strongly as far as running is concerned. I didn't run last night or this morning because of the rain, so now I have quite a bit of running to fit in this week, starting with after work. I'm trying to get my mileage back up. I've been hitting low-20s the past few weeks, and I'd really like to get back up to 30. Last week was over 22, so I'm going for 25 this week. This is how I'll do it:

  • Monday: off
  • Tuesday: 6 miles (.25-mile intervals w/ .10 recovery x10 + warmup/cooldown)
  • Wednesday: 4 miles w/ the group + 2 beforehand (might do my first official mile time trial)
  • Thursday: 4 miles easy
  • Friday: 3 miles easy
  • Saturday: 6 miles w/ the group
  • Sunday: off
Pretty ambitious for me. And missing strength-training - go figure. (And yoga, but that's so unlikely right now.) If we weren't going out of town Saturday after the group run, Sunday would have Thursday or Friday's miles. I hate to run five days in a row, but that's just how it's gonna be. Thursday-Saturday will be easy runs, and most of Wednesday's run will be easy (after the fast mile - and yes, it's absurd that I'm going to essentially do a 4.5-mile cooldown).

No comments: