Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: Tell the Wolves I'm Home


Tell the Wolves I'm Home
Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think my rating would really be more of 3.5, but I figure if I read the book in two days, I should probably round up.

The book strikes me as more a story about siblings than anything else. Some other perspectives would be nice, but I tend to like multi-narrated books. So many secrets, so much pain, so much jealousy.

I read a review that mentioned the 80s references, that there were too many/trying too hard, and I totally disagree. I needed more because I had to continually remind myself of how AIDS was viewed in the 80s, how new it was. I needed to frame people's reactions. Toward the end of the book, there's some talk about the "cool" radio station, and I would have liked a little more of that, I guess.

One last sidenote: I did not know about D&D in the 80s, and to be honest, I didn't really know it was around then.

View all my reviews

No comments: