Thursday, March 21, 2013

Twas a good night...

Last night's 5-miler was unexpectedly great! I was a little uneasy beforehand - an afternoon sugar binge including a bag of chocolate-peanut butter Chex mix - left me not feeling that great. But we had our group run, so I ate a Clif Kids bar and got ready to freeze.

Turnout wasn't that big last night, and I actually ended up running by myself after the first mile. Somehow I managed these mile splits:

  • Mile 1: 10:01 (fingers frozen, too fast, not warming up)
  • Mile 2: 9:53 (bye, Pat, can't keep up, almost to the turnaround)
  • Mile 3: 9:28 (trying to catch Aaron and Karen, panic! that's too fast, I can't keep this up)
  • Mile 4: 9:17 (passing, more panic, can't let them catch me now, can't slow down)
  • Mile 5: 9:09 (I can hear them, just stay steady, WHAT?!)

MY FASTEST FIVE-MILE RUN EVER.

No comments: