Turnout wasn't that big last night, and I actually ended up running by myself after the first mile. Somehow I managed these mile splits:
- Mile 1: 10:01 (fingers frozen, too fast, not warming up)
- Mile 2: 9:53 (bye, Pat, can't keep up, almost to the turnaround)
- Mile 3: 9:28 (trying to catch Aaron and Karen, panic! that's too fast, I can't keep this up)
- Mile 4: 9:17 (passing, more panic, can't let them catch me now, can't slow down)
- Mile 5: 9:09 (I can hear them, just stay steady, WHAT?!)
MY FASTEST FIVE-MILE RUN EVER.