Monday, October 29, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays...

... result in treadmill running.


But not over the weekend. It was strange to have a weekend free of running, but that's exactly what happened. There was lots of sleeping (and a visit to The Wilds! pictures to come later). I won't go into all of the excuses why we didn't get our asses out of bed to run because that doesn't change anything so...

This morning, the day of my birth!, Aaron and I managed to get up and get to the gym to workout before work. Amazing. I ended up with four miles on the treadmill:

  • 2.5 miles in 27 minutes, done interval-style (going back and forth between 5mph and 7mph)
  • 1.5 miles in 14:20 minutes, done more threshold style (1 mile in 10 minutes, .5 mile in 4:20)

When I first started, my plan was warmup for 5 minutes, 1 minute at 7mph followed by 4 minutes at 5, 5-minute cooldown. That wasn't really taxing me enough so then I started doing the 7mph intervals more frequently. The first couple of intervals were tough on my left leg -- having twinges with the hamstring and the IT band -- but I settled in. The last 1.5 miles felt pretty good -- like I was pushing it, but not like I was going all out.

I was hoping for a little more mileage, but ran out of time. But it's better than nothing, right?

Sadly, October is not going to be a 100-mile month. In fact, it's going to be far short of 100 miles. Too late to do anything about it now.

No comments: