Wednesday, May 02, 2012

May Goals

The Cleveland Half is on May 20, so there will be a little taper and a little recovery time included. I can expect for my mileage to drop overall.

14 runs
4 hikes
8 yoga or strength

I don't really want to set a mileage goal, so I won't. Easy enough. After the half, I'll reevaluate what's next. I think I'm doing a 10k in early June, so I really would like to PR that. With that in mind, the runs after the half will be focused on speed, although I will probably quickly return to 8-mile long runs regularly. I feel like 8 is a good base for half-marathon training. 

And there will be more half-marathons. Possibly the Parkersburg half in August and almost definitely the Towpath half in October. I have the Akron Marathon Relay in September, so speed is more important there.

No comments: