Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It arrived!


On leap day, Holly Aiken had a kick-ass sale on her very cool bags, so of course, I had to partake. It took a couple of weeks to build, but I received it yesterday - so excited! It has one external pocket, one internal pocket and a Velcro closure. I think I need to find another small bag to use with it to make it more organized. Right now I have my wallet, a scooter-themed clutch that I bought from The Tiny Bird and then some odds-and-ends - those need a home.

New Holly Aiken bag

Holly Aiken is a designer based in Raleigh, NC. She makes very cool, sometimes retro bags made out of indestructible materials. For someone who rides with a messenger bag (on the scooters - it's weird to ride with a messenger bag on the bike because you're leaned over), the indestructible part is key.

Last year, we saw some of her stuff in a store in Durham. Earlier this year, when we went back to Durham for FYBO, we stopped in Raleigh for a snack and a beer. And we saw her shop there. We stopped and debated buying something. What's cool about the shop is that you can get custom orders - different colors for the many die-cut designs she has. (I still might be get a custom bag someday. I really like her totes, but a messenger makes the most sense for me - I love me a messenger bag!)

My biggest dilemma now involves when to use what bag. I have a cool Osprey messenger bag (similar to this one in khaki) and an Aerostich bag (this one) that are someone recent acquisitions. Apparently my bag fetish is trying reassert itself. 

No comments: