Thursday, October 06, 2011

Time to rest and carb up!


This morning was my last 3-miler before Sunday's half-marathon. It was rough, mostly because my thighs are killing me! On Tuesday, we did squats at GOTR, and apparently I am really not doing enough squats. My thighs STILL hurt today. Badly.

As I've gone on and on about, I am nervous about this weekend. I am trying to prepare for it as far as hydrating, carbing, resting, etc., go. (I'm not 100% as far as my cold goes, but I pretty much knocked out that sucker in a day or two.) Too bad my mileage isn't back up. I hope I haven't lost my endurance since I already feel like I've lost any ability to move quickly.

I did realize this morning that my last few runs have been at Sand Run or in the neighborhood, and both locations are tougher than where the half-marathon is. I think that can work in my favor.

And it looks like the weather is going to cooperate nicely! I need to figure out what I'm wearing and carrying. I hate to carry water, but I need to ensure that there are enough water stops.

In other news, Steve Jobs died. Yes, it's sad, but c'mon, people. At least his family is financially supported following his death; many other people died yesterday whose families are not left well-off. Plus, his achievements - while awesome - are mostly materialistic. In any case, I just can't get that worked up about someone I don't know passing away. BTW, I do like my iPods and my iPad, and I very likely will get an iPhone in the next year or so. I'm not anti-Apple products at all. I am anti-hype, though. (I'm a terrible marketing professional because I strongly believe in substance over style... while still appreciating the cute.)

No comments: