Sunday, October 02, 2011

Jogging vs. Running


Jogging versus running is a testy topic. I've read things that say if you're not a professional, you're not a runner. If you run at a certain speed, you're not a runner.

STFU. (I don't normally use initialisms, but my daddy sometimes reads. Although I'm sure he knows my language isn't always pure, I don't need to make it blazeningly obvious, right?)

If you run, you're a runner. If you take it seriously, you're a runner. It doesn't matter if you get paid for it or how fast you are.

Simply put: I think people who say I'm "jogging" and not running are trying to disparage me. I find it interesting that it's usually non-runners who try to differentiate between the two.

I don't need others to make me feel bad about myself - I do that well-enough on my own, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: