Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A little more relaxed.

I feel a little less stressed out today than I did last night. I think the fatigue I'm feeling might be overwhelming the stress, but whatever. 

I don't know why I'm so tired. It's not like I'm training that much. It's annoying.

Perhaps 15 3rd- to 5th-grade girls are part of it! Last night was my first session with Girls on the Run. It was fun, and I think I'm really going to enjoy it - but it does stress me a little. What if they don't like me? What if they don't listen to me? What if I forget their names? We'll get through it together. 

Tonight, I'm hoping the weather cooperates and that I can get in an easy run with Aaron and a friend. I did a tempo run Monday, so no need to really go all-out on speed or anything, especially with a long run on Friday morning. I'm still not sure how far I should go - I might just wing it. I hope I don't wimp out, though. 

I'm still nervous about my prep for the Towpath half-marathon. I would be devastated if my time is worse than it was for the River Run. DEVASTATED. I'm following my plan mostly, but the plan isn't exactly what I would prefer to do - just seemed best to take it easy last week and to taper beforehand ('cause tapering seemed to work for the River Run).

I'm still figuring out all this running stuff.

No comments: