Tuesday, April 26, 2011

50 miles already!

Last week wasn't perfect, but it went okay. I ran 13 miles in three runs; I also had one yoga session and one strength session.

I ran yesterday, but the runs were split into two. I got up, and it was raining. I could only force myself to run two miles on the basement treadmill. Later on, I took advantage of a break in the rain and got in another 2.5 miles (it drizzled on me the entire time, actually). I also did some strength-training (still need to work on perfecting the at-home routine, but I found some good exercises in a magazine that are helping).

To hit 60 miles this month, I still have 9 or 10 miles to go (of course that means I hit 50 on April 25!). The weather isn't cooperating with my running plans, so I might do 2 miles after yoga - we'll see.

Truth be told, my 10k isn't looking very good. I know I'll finish it, but I also know the time won't be where I'd like it to be. And that's my own fault. I suppose if I really want this, I need to be tougher on myself. A lot tougher. Pretend Jillian Michaels is yelling at me or something. I have about 2.5 weeks to go, so it's not like I have a lot of time to make a huge difference, but a lot of my problem is mental, so read into that what you will.

We went to Maryland over the weekend to visit Adam. Pictures coming... right after FYBO and Cocoa Beach. I love getting out of town, but I really wish I didn't spend so much money when I do. Speaking of, there's a rally this weekend. Typically it's the FIRST RALLY OF THE SEASON, but in 2011, it'll be No. 3. It's also usually a city rally (my preference), and this year it's a camping rally. Apparently we're staying in a bunkhouse, so that's preferable to tent-camping!

Edited to specifically check off last week's training:

Monday: 4-mile run - check, strength - check
Tuesday: yoga - check, maybe a 3-mile interval session - nope
Wednesday: 4-mile run - check, actually 5 miles, maybe strength - nope
Thursday: yoga - nope, maybe cross-train or strength - nope, added a 4-mile run
Friday: 4-mile run - nope, maybe a quick strength routine - nope

Okay, kind of a fail.

No comments: