Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So close

I really should have paid attention to what I've done this week as far as running goes. I am currently .6 miles short of my 50-mile goal for March. Obviously I will take care of it tomorrow and achieve my goal, but it would have been better if I'd realized it at the gym tonight and finished it up tonight. Then tomorrow could just be yoga and maybe some cross-training.

I hesitate to think too much about April's goals. I have two 5ks, and I really need to focus on upping my mileage in preparation for May's 10k. At least I know I can finish without walking.

I've been thinking about focusing a little more on my yoga practice, maybe specializing in one pose per week. Might be fun. Still don't really have the spiritual part going on, but yoga definitely affects how my body feels and that's good enough for me.

Friday night, I'm going to happy hour, and then I'll need to come home and do yoga. I know it's going to be hard to find the motivation to do so, but it'll be really good for my 5k on Saturday. That 5k is looking like it might be 40ish and wet (oh, the perverted mind), but I'm hoping for the best. Actually, that's what the Thanksgiving four-miler was, and it went okay. So this one will go fine too.

No comments: