Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Review: X Saves the World: How Generation X Got the Shaft but Can Still Keep Everything from Sucking

X Saves the World: How Generation X Got the Shaft but Can Still Keep Everything from SuckingX Saves the World: How Generation X Got the Shaft but Can Still Keep Everything from Sucking by Jeff Gordinier

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was really disappointed in this book. The author is pretentious, incredibly pretentious. To be fair, I am highly suspicious of "generational" talk anyhow - I tend to find it stereotypical and insulting. The beginning was kind of fun - lots of talk about what I remember of the 90s - but as the book moved on, I failed to see any point of its existence. The author definitely cherry-picked his events and pop culture that he felt defined Gen X. I only finished it because of my 2010 A-Z Titles challenge.

View all my reviews

No comments: