Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quick race recap

Today was the Home Run for the Homeless, and I couldn't have picked a worse day to run four miles! Actually, a blizzard would be worse, but still. High 30s, pouring down rain. But we were committed to doing it. Why not? Luckily my gear was okay and kept my upper body dry.

I finished with sub-11-minute miles, so I can't complain. I was saying that I'd be happy to have 11:30 miles, but I was probably lying :)

The run was mostly through Glendale Cemetery in downtown Akron. It was kind of hilly, but a nice place to run. There were some times that the path was impassable and you had to run on the grass, and that made me feel weird. I also opted not to have any water because I couldn't bring myself to litter in a cemetery.

The rain seemed to let up a bit during the race, which was fortunate. My hair and feet were still soaked. (The hot shower was certainly welcome!)

My boss and his wife also ran the race, so it was nice seeing them afterward. Unfortunately Aaron nor I won any door prizes, so we went home empty-handed.

I'm already looking for our next official run.

Anyhow, it's time to get ready for dinner. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: