Thursday, August 19, 2010

Repairs are forthcoming!


Repairs are forthcoming!
Originally uploaded by adrienna

So the Triumph had its first trip on its side. Sad, sad, sad.

I was riding home Monday night through the valley. In a series of easy S turns, there was a hubcap in the road. Unfortunately (obviously), I didn't see it until I was right up on it. As soon as the front tire hit the hubcap, the front end washed out and the bike and I ended up on our left sides.

I'm okay. Some bruising and pain, particularly in my left shoulder. I actually got an X-Ray Tuesday to ensure that nothing was broken. A friend broke her collarbone over the weekend, and the swelling/bump looked similar. After walking around on a broken foot for two weeks earlier this year, I didn't want to take any chances.

The bike isn't terrible, but it's not great either. I'm taking it to the Triumph dealer tonight (hence the Triumph in the trailer) so it can get an estimate. From what I can tell, there's bodywork, the radiator, turn signals, pegs, case cover, and my tailbag. It doesn't seem like much, but it - especially the radiator - adds up. We considered not turning it in for insurance, but a) I have insurance for a reason and b) the deductible is only $100.

In other news, the Sprint is basically done (we still need a speedo and mirrors), so it's time for Aaron to get my Primavera ready. Aaron's taking it to the shop today (see ET3 in the trailer with the S4). It's sad to see my bikes IN A TRAILER instead of under my ass, but soon enough.

No comments: