Friday, February 26, 2010

The Zoo


Can I catch a snowflake on my tongue ?
Originally uploaded by paulakoala (I need to catch up)

I need to get back to the Akron Zoo. I haven't been there in so long. The red panda is adorable, if a little shy.

I used to volunteer at the zoo, but I haven't been there in, like, 2 years. I'm not sure why I stopped. Part of it's because I really wanted to work with the education animals and I couldn't devote enough time to become certified. I thought about going back, but I think it's time to try something new:

Girls on the Run is an organization that works with adolescent girls to improve their self-esteem and foster a lifetime commitment to healthy living and fitness. Of course I decide on this after I've hurt my foot!

It's been more than 2 weeks, and it's still achy. The discoloration is less prominent, but the pain isn't following suit. So I made an appointment with my family doctor -- that should be the way to get it to feel better, right? I know I'll feel better after my doctor tells me it's normal and everything will be ok.

Back to watching Buffy, drinking a Belgian beer, and waiting for Aaron to get home from Atlanta!

No comments: