Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekly Recap

27.4 miles 
1 trail run, 1 race
0 strength training, but lots of Myrtls/stretching/rolling (but not enough)


Monday: rest
I planned to do nothing, and then I thought I would be able to do something because my post-work plans canceled. Ultimately I decided two days off after Salt Fork was probably a good idea.

Tuesday: 4.7 miles, 9:30ish pace, downtown Kent, Saucony Kinvara 6
We did a group run from Water Street Tavern in Kent. I ran a little faster than I should have, and I felt tired. (Also, not sure why I didn't wear my Zealots.) I'm still hoping that my body will feel better after consistently doing Myrtl routine. (Regular strength-training will commence next week... unless I "race" the Cleveland half on Sunday.

Wednesday: 4-mile training group run, 9:40 pace, Saucony Zealots
Nothing much to say about this run. I ran with three others, and we took it easy. The weather was cool and comfortable.

Thursday: 5.35-mile trail run, 12:26 pace, Saucony Peregrines
After work, I met Aaron at Sand Run where he ran the jogging path and I hit the trails. I still felt tired, but recovered. There was a huge tree down on the trail that I actually had to climb over. 

Friday: off

Saturday: off

Sunday: Cleveland Half Marathon, 11:19 pace, Saucony Zealots
I should do a short recap on this race, but I ran with one of the girls from the group who did really well in her first half-marathon. It was warm and very humid, a little rain but nothing bad (rain actually felt nice). We had a slight negative-split, which is good for the course where the final miles on the shoreway are tough.

And that's last week. Basically a nice recovery week after Salt Fork. I'm tired today, so I won't do a workout after work. I'm not even sure I'll do anything actually. But then it's time to get to work. Up next is the Thirsty Dog 8k on Saturday, June 27. (I need to register for that actually.)

No comments: