Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Review: Ready to Run: Unlocking Your Potential to Run Naturally


Ready to Run: Unlocking Your Potential to Run Naturally
Ready to Run: Unlocking Your Potential to Run Naturally by Kelly Starrett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I downloaded the Kindle version of Ready to Run after learning about the book at a Crossfit workshop about running. The Kindle edition needs re-edited, but overall, I found it interesting. I disagree with some of the content (the insistence on flat shoes, for example, although I do wear 4mm drop shoes so close to flat), but the focus on mobility and running throughout your life are things I'm very interested in right now. I intend to use this book as a resource going forward -- lots of good mobility exercises.

I kind of wish I'd bought the physical copy because it isn't optimized for digital use, so that's disappointing. It made it difficult to go back and forth, which would have been nice. There are many occasions where you're reading about the why of something and the author cites a corresponding mobility exercise. There should be easy "back" links or something.

Fun fact: The author also mentions the podiatrist who put the plate in foot when I broke a few years ago. (That doctor is a long-distance runner and HUGE proponent of "natural" and barefoot running.)

View all my reviews

No comments: