Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekly Recap

Aaron's brother got married this weekend, so I am exhausted after driving back from St. Louis yesterday. It was a quick trip -- we left Thursday morning and came back Sunday. That's okay -- a short week of training: 22+ miles, no cross-training unless you count all of the dancing on Saturday night.

And given how sore I am -- those heels, man! -- it kinda was crosstraining.

Monday: 5 miles, 47:24 (9:27 pace), Saucony Triumphs
After work, I ended up running 5 miles at a pretty decent clip, finishing up with an 8:38 mile. I ran in the Triumphs for the first time, and they felt pretty good.

Tuesday: off
This was supposed to be a gym day, but I couldn't take my outdated phone any longer. New phone procured, gym skipped. (It always takes so long.)

Wednesday: 7.13 miles, 1:11:02 (9:58 pace), Saucony RunShield Kinvaras
I ran 2.5 with the training group, continued out for another half-mile and then ran back by myself, trying to run "at pace." Those 3 miles were 9:03, 9:02 and 8:47. I have no idea how I could run 13 miles like that. Then I finished up with someone in the group for 7+ miles on a Wednesday. Not bad.

Thursday: off - traveling to St. Louis

Friday: 7.25 miles, 1:13:51 (10:10 pace), Saucony Kinvara 6
The first run in my new Kinvaras! I think I prefer the fit of the 5 better, but I think the 6 will be more successful. Anyhow, I was pretty sluggish, under-fueld and maybe a little overheated. We ran in Forest Park, which is a fantastic resource.

Saturday: 3 miles, 27:08 (9:02 pace), Saucony Kinvara 6
Just a quick solo jaunt before the wedding. I ended up running more quickly than I expected. Guess fueling up with two cold chicken tenders and an iced latte wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Sunday: off - traveling home

This upcoming week is all about rest and hydration, I guess. Athens is Sunday, and right now, that seems daunting. I am also bummed that I can't really sleep in until the 26th.

No comments: