Monday, April 06, 2015

Weekly Recap

This week ended not being too bad. Nothing speedy, of course, but I'm okay with it.

5 runs (1 trail), 1 walk, 1 strength, 1 total rest day = 31.75 miles

Monday: 5 miles, 9:33 pace, Saucony Zealot
I met a friend after work for a pretty consistent 5-miler. I was a little tired from the Buckeye Trail the day before, but my legs shook out.

Tuesday: total rest
We had a beer dinner at Bricco in Kent.

Wednesday: 6 miles, 10:35 pace, Saucony Zealot
This was a training group run where I paced someone on the hill (4 miles) and then got in a little extra running in someone. When I ended up with 5.3, I figured I should just run out and get to 6 miles.

Thursday: 3 miles, 9:44 pace, Saucony Kinvara 5 (coral)
Just a quick 3-miler at work. I stopped at Brust Park on the way home and ran on the Bike & Hike there for the first time. It's a little hilly, especially compared to most Bike & Hike trails. Definitely negative splits: 10:37, 9:39, 8:55. It was WORK getting that mile under 9.

Friday: 2 miles (walk), Strength, Saucony Kinvara 5 (coral)
I was off Friday, so you would think I would have gone for a run, maybe a good trail run. But I didn't. I was tired and I knew I was running long the next day. I did manage to convince myself to walk for a couple of miles before doing some weights, so that's kind of a victory.

Saturday: 10.5 miles, Saucony Zealot
The training group had 10 miles on the schedule. It was an easy run with a negative split. Then I ran out to get another member. It was the first long run in the Zealots, and aside from how dirty they got, they were good. I took a vanilla orange Carb Boom gel just after 5 miles.

Sunday: 5.25 miles (trail), Newton Boco
I would love for Sunday trail runs to become a new tradition, but that's not likely (definitely won't happen the next two Sundays). Anyhow, Aaron and I went out for a 5.25-mile trail run at Sand Run Metropark. Our look uses the Valley Link, Dogwood and Mingo trails and starts with a quarter-mile on the jogging path. After Saturday, neither one of us felt great, and I was disappointed to see how slow the run was.

No comments: