Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: Running Away: A Memoir


Running Away: A Memoir
Running Away: A Memoir by Robert Andrew Powell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Some people found this book really depressing, but I didn't. I think you need to be a runner to "get" this book. Otherwise, how do you know how significant it is to qualify for Boston? A non-runner would have so much trouble identifying with the author. Aside from running, I have nothing in common with him. His actions are largely selfish, his motivations kind of embarrassed me (I can't imagine being driven to do something because my dad did - especially at almost 40 years old).

But I found his journey impressive. He worked hard to improve. What did he say? Running is practicing not to quit? Something like that. And it's true.

View all my reviews

No comments: