Friday, March 21, 2014

Eek!

Yesterday, I did the unthinkable: I signed up for a marathon, specifically the Niagara Falls International Marathon on Sunday, Oct. 26. I just might restart this blog to document that whole debacle.

I am attempting to recruit others, and one person has actually signed up for the full. There is also a half-marathon so I am hoping a large contingent from Northeast Ohio will join me. I even booked my room for Saturday night. The other person who signed up has a place somewhat nearby, and we will spend time before and after the race there. That part should be fun, at least.

Obviously I have plenty of time before real training starts, so I will consider myself in base-building until the beginning of July, I guess. (And by "base-building," I kind of mean just keeping up with what I've been doing.) That will give me a 16-week training plan for the marathon.

In other news, Athens Half-Marathon is very soon (3ish weeks), and I am somewhat confident I can PR. A sub-2 doesn't seem extremely likely, but I think I'm going to go for it. I did a hilly 15k last weekend (9.3 miles), and it was at PR pace. I haven't been following a specific plan, but I have been running a decent amount. We'll see.

No comments: