Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tapering - sorta

I guess I'm sort of tapering for Sunday's half-marathon. Tapering or being a little lazy? Whatever. Last week:

Monday: 3.1-mile run (fast! 8:45 pace)
Tuesday: 5-mile run (10:00 pace)
Wednesday: 5-mile hill run (9:50 pace)
Thursday: rest
Friday: strength + 3-mile easy TM run (10:54 pace)
Saturday: 8-mile run (9:51 pace)
Sunday: rest

So my mileage could have been a little higher, and I should have gotten in yoga and another strength session -- but I was consistent and relatively speedy. This would be a solid base week, I'd think, but during training, I feel like I should have around 7 hours of exercise (this was well short of that, but I am purposely scaling back mileage now). This week shall be short as well:

Monday: strength + 4-mile hill run
Tuesday: yoga (+ run if there's time so probably not)
Wednesday: strength + 3-mile run
Thursday: 3-mile run or hike
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest (considering a 2-mile shakeout run, though)
Sunday: half-marathon

Ah, Sunday's half-marathon. I feel like I should have a plan, and I really don't. I don't know if I'm going to run on my own or run with someone from the group. And if I run with someone from the group, am I going to try to run with someone who might be faster? Then I'll end up alone again too? I don't know. I guess I'll just wing it.

No comments: