Monday, April 08, 2013

Review: The Burn Journals


The Burn Journals
The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I first started reading the book, I was thinking, "Wow, this *really* sounds like a teenage boy." I didn't realize it was a memoir. I thought it was well-done and seemed pretty accurate/realistic. The dialogue wasn't overly mature and never seemed out of place. It was educational (obviously a lot of research went into writing the book). Things don't get wrapped up with a "reason" for things, which is realistic.

The book is considered YA, which it is, but I'd be careful - could be a little triggering, confusing and/or offensive depending on the person and the age.

Not really a spoiler, but I wanted to mention: I really wished the Kindle edition had pictures - I was *so curious* about the way Brent looked. (The internet fixed that, btw - he looks great.

View all my reviews

No comments: