Friday, March 08, 2013

It's been awhile...

If a tree falls in the forest or if a blogger stops blogging, and nobody notices...

Anyhow, it's March. February fell short in mileage, but all in all, it was a solid month of working out. March has started strongly. Last week, I actually hit both the long run and the tempo run. This week's speedwork wasn't quite as prescribed, but I ran hard and fast.

I think I'm overthinking running a bit. And just thinking about whether I'm overthinking about it is ridiculous. Trying to hit the plan plus help out with the half-marathon group plus just have a life is slightly overwhelming. Am I doing recovery runs slow enough? Am I running fast enough to improve? My long runs are a little disjointed. Whatever. Just run, just do what feels good.

I feel better when I'm running consistently, like five or six times a week. Today is my first rest day since last Friday. Since then:

Saturday: 12 miles
Sunday: 3 miles + upper body/abs
Monday: 5 miles + lower body
Tuesday: 3.25 miles + yoga
Wednesday: 4 miles + upper body/abs
Thursday: 6 miles + lower body

Tomorrow is 13 miles, and I'm hoping for a trail run on Sunday. Boom!

Totally solid. Next week, I'm hoping for similar, but with a decrease in mileage probably. A stepback week, if you will.

In other news, I am in desperate need of a haircut and a dye job, and I *hate* scheduling that kind of thing. It's a little more difficult because of all of the group running, sharing a car and the fact that we're going out of town next weekend (cabin-ing it up in Hocking Hills with 25 others -- we're the keg wranglers, which is the perfect job for an unconfident cook like me!).

No comments: