Friday, January 04, 2013

First tempo run: FAIL

The first true workout of my Athens Half-Marathon plan was a fail. It was supposed to breakdown like this:
  • 1-mile warmup
  • 4-mile tempo at 10:08 pace
  • 1-mile cooldown
The reality? Like this:
  • 1-mile warmup
  • 2.5-mile tempo at 10:16 pace
  • 1.5-mile intervals (1 minute at 8:34 pace, 2 minutes at 12:00 pace)
  • 1-mile cooldown
Not my finest hourish of running. Yesterday, my left hamstring bugged me all day, and I wasn't feeling quite right after work, kinda like I was getting sick (again). I assumed the hamstring was because I was sitting all day -- which may have been part of it -- but then I remembered that I tweaked it Wednesday night as well. It didn't bother me at all while I was off work last week.

In any case, my first week of the plan isn't quite right. I won't have a long run either because I have a 4.1-mile prediction run on Sunday. Going to the gym tonight (Aaron's getting his assessment), and I'll just do an easy run on the treadmill, followed by some strength-training. Nothing crazy. Saturday will be a rest day. And a sleeping in day -- so looking forward to that!

No comments: