Tuesday, January 08, 2013

2012... Again

I received my end-of-year report from DailyMile. It doesn't quite match up with my own workout log, but it's close enough.


My favorite part is the 22-mile/week average. I wish I would have thought about that when devising my 2013 goals 'cause now I'm thinking that is a good baseline. So now my mileage goal for 2013 is 1300 miles, which is 25 miles/week. Of course, I'm already behind on that, but I think it'll be okay.

So last night's 3x1 run. OH.MY.GOSH. I am not in good enough shape. On paper, I succeeded, but in reality, it wasn't so successful.

On paper:

  • 1 mile warmup
  • 1 mile at 9:28
  • 1/2 mile recovery
  • 1 mile at 9:28
  • 1/2 mile recovery
  • 1 mile at 9:20
  • 1 mile cooldown
Sadly, I was unable to complete the mile-repeats without stopping, which, well, makes them NOT mile-repeats. Next time, right? In any case, it was a tough run and I worked my ass off. The rest of this week's runs should be at an easy pace, although the Wednesday night runs often are more like tempo runs depending on who shows up. 

No comments: