Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snack of Champions

This weekend, a friend was lamenting the fact that she doesn't care for bananas. She'd just read an article discussing the health benefits of bananas and was considering adding one to her diet purely for health reasons. I'm not sure what she was reading, but here are some banana-y resources:

One
Two
Three

Sure, they're a little high in sugar, but it's natural and no one is advising anyone to exist solely on bananas, although they are rather inexpensive. (It does make me wonder about the humanitarian and/or environmental impact of the banana industry. Guess we're talking deforestation, poor working conditions/pay, etc.)

Ignoring that for now (but also bookmarking to revisit), I say add one to your diet for sunflower nut butter reasons!

I skipped the butter for this snack, though - too lazy to go to the kitchen and get it. (Pathetic, I know. Missing out because I didn't feel like going to the kitchen.)

Snack of champions

No comments: